- Petal School District
PSD Hall of Fame Announcement
The Petal School District is soliciting nominations for consideration as members of the Petal School District Hall of Fame. The individual(s) selected will join twenty-eight outstanding graduates previously selected. This Hall of Fame was established in 1989 to honor graduates who distinguish themselves through academic and professional achievement. These individuals serve as role models for Petal School District students by exhibiting the attitudes, knowledge, and life-long learning skills essential to thrive as responsible citizens in an ever-changing global society.
To be considered, each individual nominated must meet the following criteria:
1. Nominee must have graduated from Petal High School.
2. Nominee must have attended school in the Petal School District for a minimum of four years.
3. Nominee’s high school class must have graduated at least twenty years prior to nomination (2017 nominees must have graduated prior to 1997).
4. Nominee must have a demonstrated history of professional success.
5. It is preferred that nominees be successful college graduates.
6. All nominations must be accompanied by a current resume.
All nominations should be sent to:
Petal Education Foundation
Academic Hall of Fame Selection Committee
P. O. Box 948
Petal, MS 39465
Resumes for individuals previously nominated but not selected for induction remain on file and will be reviewed each year. Nominations must be received prior to April 7, 2017, to be considered.