All persons interested in substituting in the Petal School District for the 2017-2018 school year must attend a training session conducted by the school district. The training will be August 24, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. at the Central Office Board Room.
All new substitutes must meet the following qualifications to substitute teach in the Petal School District:
- be at least 21 years of age
- have 48 hours of college credit or a passing score on the WorkKeys test (required tests are: Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Writing or Business Writing)
- complete substitute training conducted by the Petal School District
- submit to a complete background check performed by the Petal School District Police Dept. (at a cost of $25 to the substitute)
- complete application online
To register for the session to be held on August 24, 2017, please complete the attached registration form and return it to the Central Office or mail it to the following address:
Petal School District
P. O. Box 523
Petal, MS 39465
The deadline for registration is August 17, 2017
Space for the training session is limited to 50 participants. You must attend a training session each year for inclusion on the substitute list unless you qualify as a Veteran Sub (sub at least 20 days in the previous school year). All new substitutes will be required to pay $25.00 for their background check. Please bring your driver's license and social security card with you for completion of the background check. Payment must be made by cash, personal check or money order.