Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Psychology The University of Southern Mississippi Master of Science in Counseling Psychology School Counseling Emphasis William Carey University Follow the Career & Technical Education Department: Twitter | @PetalSchoolsCTE Follow the Guidance Office: Twitter | @PetalGuidance
My name is Brooke Walter and I am the Career and Technical Education Counselor at Petal High School. I received a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Southern Mississippi and a master's degree in school counseling from William Carey University. I am also a graduate of Petal High School.
We have ten 2-year programs that provide invaluable hands-on experience and class instruction to our students. Whether students plan to go straight to college or into the workforce, our programs give students the knowledge and skill-sets they need to be competitive and successful after high school.
For Career & Technical Education course descriptions and associated careers, please click on the link in the next section.
Petal Education Foundation Mississippi Tech Master Scholarship | Steps to Apply
- Meet Mississippi Tech Master Requirements
- Community Service forms MUST be turned in BEFORE Christmas break of Senior year
- Complete Online Tech Master Application* (Due February 1st Annually)
- Complete Petal Education Foundation Application* (Due March 1st Annually)
*Updated applications become available late in the fall each year.
Scholarship Opportunities with Pearl River Community College*
1. If a student completes a two year program and has an “A” average- they qualify for a full-tuition scholarship.
2. If a student completes a two year program and has a “B” average- they qualify for a half-tuition scholarship.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Petal High School Career & Technical Education Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability in the provision of educational programs and services or employment opportunities and benefits.