WELCOME TO THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEARI am the Transition Coordinator for the district and work with students in grades 3-12.
- I have been teaching in the Petal School District for 23 years.
- I have a Bachelor's degree in Special Education (K-12) from The University of Southern Mississippi
- I have a Master's degree in Special Education (K-12) from William Carey University.
- I also have certification in Elementary Education grades K-6 and English and Social Studies grades 7-12.
As Transition Coordinator I:
Work with students as they transition from one school to the next. ( 6th to 7th grade, 8th to 9th grade)
- Assist students with job shadowing opportunities to learn more about careers they may be interested in pursuing.
- Assist students when they are about to exit high school with college or career goals.
- I help students complete job applications, fill out college applications, scholarships, financial aid, etc.
- I connect students and their families with outside agencies that may provide them assistance.
- Insure that all students with an IEP ages 14 and up have an Individual Transition Plan.
- Assist with Mississippi Occupational and Transition portfolio development and implementation.
- Act as a liaison for the Petal School District with outside agencies.
- Conduct post graduate tracking.