Mrs. Jeannine Galloway
Child Nutrition Program
The ultimate goal of the child nutrition program is to provide nutritious meals to all students daily at an economical price. Free and reduced price meal programs are provided for eligible students The Family Free and Reduced Price Meal Application, which requires only one form per family to be completed each year, is utilized in the Petal School District. Additional information regarding these programs may be made at the Child Nutrition Office at 601-545-3020
Breakfast and lunch are available at all cafeterias. A variety of menu items are offered daily to encourage students to make healthy choices. The regulation which allows students to choose less than all of the food items offered is known as “offer vs. served.” A minimum of three (3) food components at breakfast and lunch must be selected by students.
Parents may prepay for breakfast, lunch, and extra sales items by the week, month or year. Payment is preferred on Monday or Tuesday of each week in envelopes provided by the school. Payments for meals cannot be combined with other school expenses. Returned checks are referred to Invision, which specializes in check recovery. The Petal School District offers automated pre-payments of meal accounts via the telephone or Internet. Parents may log onto www.MyPaymentsPlus.com for FREE or telephone 1.877.237.0946.
Free registration gives you 24/7 access to:
- Student cafeteria balances and purchase history
- Prepayments for breakfast/lunch, with auto-pay capability
- Low balance e-mail reminders
- AP exam registration and payment
- On-line open house and orientation
- Summer school registration and payment
- Other fees and activities such as yearbooks, uniforms, field trips and more!
Account balances, positive or negative roll over at the end of each school year. Students in grades nine through twelve are allowed to charge for the day and repay the loan the following day. Students are not allowed to charge any supplemental sale item (ice cream, juice, etc.). For more information, contact the Child Nutrition office at (601) 545-3020.
Inquiries regarding student account balances shall be made to the cafeteria manager. Refunds for advanced payment for students who withdraw from school will be made if a written request is submitted to the Child Nutrition Office by June 1st. It is the parent’s responsibility to track the child’s nutrition account.
Regulations governing the federal breakfast and lunch program permit substitutions for children with special needs. A statement from a recognized medical authority supporting the student’s need and prescribed substitution shall be submitted to the child nutrition manager. State, federal and local competitive food guidelines include:
- Prohibits the sale or delivery on campus of any food including snacks for one (1) hour prior to or during the regular school meals schedule. This includes sales by clubs or organizations on campus.
- With the exception of water and milk products, a student may purchase individual components of the meal only if the full meal unit is being purchased.
- Students who bring a lunch from home may purchase water and milk products only.
- Students may not bring carbonated beverages in original containers into the cafeteria.
CHILD NUTRITION PROGRAM MEAL RATES
Pre-K-12 $2.00 $3.00
Reduced Rate 0.30 0.40
Faculty/Staff 2.25 3.75
Get your tray quickly so you will not delay the line. Respect the place of others. DO NOT BREAK LINE.
Remove all milk cartons and debris from your table and take your tray to the receiving window so the tables will be clear for those who follow. Display a pleasing manner during the entire time in the cafeteria. Be as refined in your cafeteria table manners as you are in your own home.
All teachers and pupils are urged to take advantage of the well-balanced meals served on the non-profit basis.
REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO LUNCH PERIOD
ALL STUDENTS ARE TO REMAIN ON CAMPUS DURING THE LUNCH PERIOD. NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE CAMPUS TO EAT HIS/HER NOON MEAL REGARDLESS OF THE DISTANCE TRAVELED. STUDENTS MAY EITHER EAT IN THE SCHOOL CAFETERIA OR BRING THEIR OWN LUNCH.