The Petal School District Board of Trustees will hold a work session from 6 to 8pm on Thursday, March 9, at Petal-Harvey Baptist Church.
The Petal School District Board of Trustees meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. Dates and locations are as follows:
March 14, 2023
Petal-Harvey Baptist Church
600 S. Main Street
April 11, 2023
Petal Elementary School
May 9, 2023
Petal Upper Elementary School
400 Hillcrest Loop
June 13, 2023
The Coleman Center for Families and Children
201 W Central Avenue
- Brian Robertson was appointed to the Petal School District Board of Trustees in January 2023 to replace Troy Wicktom, who served on the school board for 10 years. Robertson, director of operations and business development at J-Con, Inc., has served on the Shared Decision-Making Councils at Petal Elementary and Petal Upper Elementary School. He has also served as chairman of the Spark Show Choir board and currently with the set design team for the Innovations and Soundsations high school show choirs. He resides in Petal with his wife, Micki Jo, and daughter Joli. They are members of Petal-Harvey Baptist Church, where he serves the middle school ministry as a teacher and is a member of the celebration choir and finance committee.
- Dr. Chuck Harrell was appointed to the Petal School District Board of Trustees in February, 2017, by the Mayor and Board of Alderman of the City of Petal. He previously served two five-year terms from 1998 to 2009, as an elected member then an appointed member. He is a 1981 graduate of Moss Point High School. He received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1986 and went on to receive his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the University of Mississippi in 1990. He served 6 years in the United States Air Force as a Dental Officer and was stationed at: Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lakeland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas; Anderson Air Force Base, Guam; and Tyndall Air Force Base, Panama City, Florida. He moved to Petal in July, 1996. Chuck and his wife, Ramona, have twin sons that are Petal High School graduates. Chuck is the owner of Petal Family Dentistry. They are members of Asbury United Methodist Church where he is a Congregational Elder and Worship Team Sound Engineer. He has served on the PSD Shared Decision Making Council, Petal School District Strategic Planning Committee, and Petal YMCA Board. He currently serves on the Petal Education Foundation Board, Petal Children’s Task Force, Petal Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, and Baptist Medical Dental Missions International Short Term Missions.
- Jana Causey was appointed to the Petal School District Board of Trustees in July 2022 to complete the remainder of Dr. Greg Bullock’s (who moved to another county) term, which ends in February of 2026. Causey, vice president for Forrest County Campus, Allied Health and Nursing at Pearl River Community College, also serves as president of the Petal Children’s Task Force, vice president of the Petal Sports Association, and on the Petal Excel By 5 Coalition. She is an active member of Carterville Baptist Church and coaches basketball, T-ball, and softball as well.
- Jerry DeFatta was elected to the Petal School District Board of Trustees in 2015 and took office on January 12, 2016. A 1996 graduate of Petal High School, Jerry earned a bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of Southern Mississippi in 2000, and a master’s degree in public relations at the university in 2010. He currently serves as the Executive Director of the Southern Miss Alumni Association, a position he has held since 2010. Jerry and his wife, Bethanie, have three children, twin daughters Eva Marie and Ella Katherine and one son, Trey. He is also a member of the Petal School District Shared Decision Making Council and the United Way of Southeast Mississippi’s Board of Directors.
- Lacey Bolling was elected to the Petal School Board of Trustees in January 2023 after the retirement of Mr. Bruce Magee. She is a Wiggins native and William Carey Alumna. She and her husband, Jeremy (PHS Class of 2002), reside in Petal with their two precious daughters, Elyse and Eva, where they are members of Petal Harvey Baptist Church. Lacey has served on the Shared Decision-Making Councils of Petal Elementary and Petal Upper Elementary School, and the Parent Teacher Organizations of Petal Primary, Petal Elementary, Petal Upper Elementary and Petal Middle School. She has also served on the Spark Show Choir Board, the LeBonte Literary Club, and various praise and worship teams throughout the years and is honored to serve the Petal School District as the newest member of the Petal School Board of Trustees.
- Lacey Bolling
- Dr. Jana Causey
- Jerry DeFatta
- Dr. Chuck Harrell
- Brian Robertson