The Petal School District Technology Department is committed to providing teachers and students with the best technology available. We see ourselves as an integral part of the learning process, and it is our pleasure to serve the teachers and students at Petal Schools. We believe technology in schools increases student productivity in and outside the classroom, encourages individual leadership in learning, expands access to learning resources, and helps develop digital citizenship within a structured environment.
As leaders in technology, we must always look at how we can improve our relationship with our stakeholders and provide them with exceptional service and new ways to challenge the norms of what is possible.
VISION, MISSION, AND BELIEFS
In order to prepare students to become global citizens and 21st century learners, we envision a technology department that provides exceptional technological resources, new and innovative opportunities, and unparalleled customer service. We strive to provide our customers with technology that they did not know they needed but wonder how they ever lived without it.
We believe that our primary mission is to ensure that teachers and students have the resources available to design engaging lessons, teach at a deeper level, and learn in innovative ways.
- We believe that cutting edge technology provides our students and staff with the tools to be critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- We believe that technology should encourage the user to challenge the norms of what is possible.
- We believe that we should enrich the lives of our stakeholders by the use of technology and teaching.
- We believe that we should consistently exceed the expectations of all stakeholders with our service.
- We believe that innovation is more important than regulation.
PSD Technology...Encourage, Enrich, and Exceed Expectations