Steps to Rounding a # to the nearest tens, hundreds, or thousands:
1. Underline the place value that you're rounding to.
2. Circle the # that follows the underlined digit.
3. Decide if the circled # is 5 or more and add 1 more (to the underlined digit) or 4 or less and let it rest (").
4. If it is 5 or more, then put a "+1" above the underlined digit. If it is 4 or less, do nothing.
5. Write you answer, beginning with the correct first #. Then every digit after the underlined # turns into zeroes (hence the circle).