Degrees and Certifications:
12 Steps for Success-Borrowed and Adapted from Mike Rowe's S.W.E.A.T. Pledge
1. I believe that I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I am alive. I walk the Earth. I live in America. Above all things, I am grateful.
2. I believe that I am entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing more. I also undertand that "happiness" and the "pursuit of happiness" are not the same thing..
3. I believe there is no such thing as a "bad class". I believe that all classes are opportunities, and it's up to me to make the best of them.
4. I do not "follow my passion". I bring it with me. I believe that any class can be completed with passion and enthusiasm.
5. I deplore failure, and do all I can to avoid it. I would rather work hard the first time than have to repeat it.
6. I believe that my sucess is my responsibility. I understand that being in "compliance" does not necessarily mean I will be successful.
7. I believe the best way to distinguish myself at school is to show up early, do my very best, and cheerfully volunteer for more responsibility.
8. I believe the MOST annoying sounds in the world are whining and complaining. I will never make them. If I am unhappy in a class, I will find a way to be happy.
9. I believe that my education is my responsibility and absolutely critical to my success.
10. I believe that I am a prodcut of my choices--not my crcumstances. I will never blame anyone for my shortcomings or the challenges I face. And I will never accept the credit for something I didn't do.
11. I understand the world is not fair, and I'm OK with that. I do not resent the success of others.
12. I believe that all people are created equal. I also believe that all people make choices. Some choose to be lazy. Some choose to sleep in. I choose to work my butt off.